His brother, Krishna, found him in an unconscious state the next morning. However, before he could be rushed to the nearest hospital, he died on the way.
“He put on the air conditioner and slept inside his car that was parked in the basement. He fell unconscious due to the lack of ventilation and got suffocated. Police were not informed by the family and it was through media reports that we got to know about the incident. A team was sent to the spot and the matter was inquired into. However, the family had already cremated the youth by then,” the DCP said.
No complaint has been filed into the case yet.
In another incident, a 27-year-old man with special needs died of suffocation on Sunday night after the air conditioner’s compressor exploded and gas filled the room. Singham Mahajan was the only child of his parents. Police said he was sleeping in his room while his parents and grandparents were in other rooms of their house in Sector 41.
“He was a man with special needs. The AC compressor exploded and it caught fire. The next morning, the man was found dead in the room,” said Azad Singh Tomar, the station house officer of Sector 39 police station. While no complaint has been filed in the case so far, police have sent the body for an autopsy. The report has confirmed suffocation as the cause of the death, said Noida additional DCP Ranvijay Singh.